Many of my smoothie recipes include protein powder. Protein is an important nutrient you need as a building block for muscles. Protein also helps you feel full longer, and fiber helps keep your blood sugar on an even keel, and your digestion system working normally.
- ½ cup blacked beans, cooked (you can use canned black beans if they are unsalted)
- 1 banana, frozen
- ⅓ cup dried raisins or berries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients together until you reach your desired texture.
- Serve immediately over ice. (Alternately, if you freeze all ingredients overnight before making the smoothie, it will be cold enough without the ice.)