Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Herb Garlic Butter
Sweet potatoes are not only delicious, they’re also filled with cold-fighting vitamins A and C. I recommend organic produce whenever possible.
Get My FREE Curcumin Report
Serves 6 to 8
- 4 – 5 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 Tablespoons organic butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 3 Tablespoons low-fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a fork, pierce sweet potatoes on all sides and place onto a cookie sheet. Roast about 45 to 50 minutes, until completely soft.
- Set the potatoes aside and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine butter with garlic and herbs in a saucepan. Using medium heat, cook until the garlic is tender. Mix in milk, stir, and remove from heat.
- When potatoes have cooled slightly, remove skins. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Combine with herb butter and milk mixture. Using a hand mixer, mix on high speed until potatoes are fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Last Updated: October 8, 2018
Originally Published: March 2, 2012