Early Bird Oatmeal
No time for breakfast in the morning? Make this the night before and you’ll have a delicious, healthful breakfast waiting for you when you wake up. Don’t forget – eating breakfast helps reduce mood swings and hunger pangs later in the day.
- ⅔ cup oats
- ⅔ cup low-fat milk (can be non-dairy, such as almond, hemp, or coconut)
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh berries of your choice
- Combine the first six ingredients – everything except the berries – in a small jar and mix together.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Open in the morning, stir, top with berries, and enjoy!
Last Updated: October 8, 2018
Originally Published: June 27, 2014