Crispy Oven-Baked Low-Sodium French Fries
Just because you’re going low-sodium doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy foods like French fries. Instead of super-salty frozen fries or restaurant versions, just make your own in the oven. The bonus here is that since these fries are baked instead of fried, there’s no messy oil from deep-frying to clean up. My family loves these and they’re so simple to make. Plus, they’re nutritious and taste great. What more could you ask?
- 4 large Russet potatoes or 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean but not peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or lite salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Place oil and potatoes in a bowl and stir to coat potatoes with oil.
- Put potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until they turn a golden brown.
- To increase crispiness, place the potatoes under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Season potatoes lightly with salt and pepper before serving.
Last Updated: October 8, 2018
Originally Published: April 3, 2013