CBC stands for carrots, beets, and cucumbers, three vegetables that I like to combine to improve liver functions. Drink a CBC cocktail at least three times a week to ramp up liver healing. Remember, organic ingredients are always preferable to conventionally grown!
- 1 medium raw carrot (top removed)
- 2 medium raw beets (use the top greens, as well as the whole beet)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 garlic clove, whole and peeled
- Sea salt to taste
1. Place the carrot and beets in a juicer or Vitamix.
2. Cut off one tip of the cucumber. Push a knife into the open end, twisting a few times to make a small space.
3. Place the whole garlic clove in the cucumber.
4. Add the cucumber and garlic to the juicer or Vitamix. Blend the vegetables, add sea salt, and enjoy! This cocktail needs to be consumed within 20 to 30 minutes of preparation for the enzymes to be viable.
Last Updated: October 8, 2018
Originally Published: April 25, 2012