Tummy-Soothing Aloe Vera Fruit Smoothie
Aloe vera has been used for centuries to heal digestive disorders. I recommend you purchase aloe vera gel from a health-food store rather than trying to make it from plants. There are many different types of aloe, and not all are edible. Since they are so difficult to tell apart, err on the side of safety, and use a purchased product.
- 1/2 pound strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup rice, almond, or hemp milk
- 2 tablespoons organic raw honey
- 8 tablespoons aloe vera gel (available at health-food stores)
- Wash and stem the strawberries, and cut them in half.
- Peel banana and cut into chunks.
- Put all ingredients in a blender jar, and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- If you would like to save one portion, refrigerate it in a covered storage jar for up to 24 hours.
Nutritional information per serving: 235 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated), 53 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 4 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 35 g sugar
Note: Nutritional values are estimates only and may vary according to freshness of ingredients, methods of preparation, and other factors.
Last Updated: October 8, 2018
Originally Published: October 19, 2012