Gluten Free Greek Lentil Salad
Prep time: 30 minutes
Here’s a tasty, wheat-free summer salad that won’t keep you in the kitchen for hours. And it’s loaded with seasonal produce that’s bursting with nutrients.
For the salad:
- 1 cup green or brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place lentils in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook partially covered for 25-30 minutes, or until lentils are tender but not mushy. Drain.
- While the lentils are cooking, chop vegetables and make the dressing by combining garlic, salt, lemon juice, and pepper in a bowl. Then whisk in oil.
- Allow lentils to cool to room temperature, then toss them in the dressing.
- Stir in tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, and dill. Serve with grilled chicken or fish, or with a side of rice pilaf.
Last Updated: October 8, 2018
Originally Published: June 4, 2013