Sliced Heirloom Tomato Salad with Fresh Herbs and Feta Cheese
With tomatoes in season, why not take advantage of nature’s abundance and enjoy a delicious tomato salad? I highly recommend organic ingredients, particularly the tomatoes, since conventional versions are often heavily treated with pesticides. You may want to remove the tomatoes from the refrigerator an hour or so prior to making this salad. I’ve found that room-temperature tomatoes are far more flavorful than those that come straight from the refrigerator.
- 2 or 3 large heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon each chopped basil, parsley, and chives
- 1/4 cup Newport Natural Vinaigrette Dressing
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
1. Slice tomatoes in half crosswise, and remove seeds.
2. Place tomato halves on a plate, and top with feta cheese.
Last Updated: October 8, 2018
Originally Published: September 10, 2012