Silky Chocolate Blood Orange Cheesecake
Need an easy desert to bring to a dinner party or to serve for a special occasion? Here’s a surprisingly healthy and delicious option full of Vitamin C. Serve garnished with blood orange slices and drizzles of maple syrup—or, if you can’t find blood oranges, just substitute regular navel oranges!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup packed, pitted Medjool dates (about 8)
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked overnight in water, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup, plus more to drizzle
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- Zest of one blood orange
- ¼ cup blood orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 blood orange, cut into thin rounds for serving
- Pulse walnuts into rough flour in food processer, then add dates and salt and pulse until fully combined. Press into bottom of pan (7 inch spring form pan lined with parchment paper). Chill.
- Blend cashews until creamy, then add remaining ingredients (except blood orange rounds) and blend until smooth. Pour into chilled crust and freeze at least 6 hours.
- Garnish each piece with a drizzle of maple syrup and a slice of blood orange.