Easy Pecan Bars
Here’s a nutritious recipe for a known crowd pleaser: pecan bars! Not only do pecans help maintain energy and lose weight, but they also help to reduce inflammation and help your heart and brain function. This spiced and sweet recipe contains all the flavor and satisfaction of your favorite pecan bars, without the added worries of sugar and calories.
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups coconut nectar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons pure rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Set oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line pan with parchment paper (13 inches x 9 inches x 2 inches).
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Cut butter until mixture crumbles. Press mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Cool.
- Spread pecans evenly over crust.
- Heat brown sugar, coconut nectar, cornstarch, butter, rum extract and salt in saucepan until bubbling. Stir continuously. Remove from heat and add almond milk. Pour evenly over pecans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until bubbly, then cool. Refrigerate overnight, then cut into 15 bars.