Spicy Green Soup
Summer time is the best time for a cold dinner, but endless salads can get a bit repetitive. This blend and chill soup is a great alternative, paired with a couple of boiled eggs or some leftover quinoa. It will keep in your refrigerator about a week, and is a great way to eat vegetables, avoid a salad, and leave the stove off.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped (can use less or omit for less heat)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (13-15 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cilantro or mint sprigs for garnish
- Blend cucumbers until smooth.
- Add remaining solid ingredients (not the sprigs), and blend until smooth.
- Add water, coconut milk, lime juice and blend until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Transfer to serving dish, cover tightly, and chill at least 15 minutes.
- Ladle soup for each diner and garnish with sprigs