Fresh Berry Soup
Serves 4 cups
As it warms up, more fruits are coming into season. I especially love all kinds of fresh berries that are showing up at farmers’ markets. This soup features strawberries, but could be easily adapted for whichever berry is your particular favorite. It makes for a simple, sophisticated dessert or a great meal starter.
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced + 4 individual strawberries, sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup white grape juice (can substitute apple or pineapple juice. In a pinch, substitute water)
- Honey to taste (up to 3 tablespoons)
- 1 red pepper, trimmed and diced
- Fresh mint
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blend 3 cups strawberries, yogurt, white grape juice to a smooth consistency in your blender or food processor. Make sure to scrape down the sides periodically. Taste to determine if you want to add honey. If so, add only a tablespoon at a time, blend, and re-taste before adding more.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours. Serve with sliced strawberries, red pepper, and mint for garnish. Add fresh black pepper to taste.