I recommend that you eat fish about once a week, in order to up your omega 3 levels naturally. But I know that some people don’t like the taste, texture, or appearance of fish fillets. Making a salmon cake is one way to get this great for you food in a way that tastes great.
- 12 ounces salmon, canned
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (if you don’t have Old Bay, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon hot sauce)
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix together all ingredients except the butter. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add additional butter to ensure entire skillet has butter on it.
- Add salmon cakes to the skillet and cook 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through. Cakes should be golden brown and firm.