Pumpkin & Pomegranate Salad
Healthy immunity starts in the body, and what you eat plays a huge role. That’s why I like this simple salad – it’s loaded with nutrients, including a hearty dose of flu-fighting vitamin A from the roasted pumpkin. Serve it with a small portion of baked chicken or fish for a nutritious fall meal. Remember to buy organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 2 cups pumpkin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea, Celtic, or lite salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 teaspoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix pumpkin cubes with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread evenly in a baking pan. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is beginning to brown on the edges and feels a bit soft when a fork is inserted. Remove pumpkin from oven and cool thoroughly.
- Divide the greens in half on dinner plates. Distribute one cup of roasted pumpkin on each plate. Top each with ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds, 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds, and 1/8 cup of goat cheese. Lightly top with your favorite salad dressing or Newport Natural Salad Dressing.