Cooked Cabbage in a Skillet
It’s inexpensive, filling, and nutritious, which is why cabbage is one of my favorite additions to most meals. Cabbage is a good source of vitamins B6, folic acid, C, and K. Plus it’s high in fiber and low in potassium, which means your kidneys will thank you.
- ¼ cup organic butter
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded coarsely
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon Celtic or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat and melt butter.
- Add cabbage, onion, and garlic. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix vinegar and sugar, then add to cabbage mixture, and stir thoroughly.
- Cook five minutes, remove from heat, sprinkle with pepper and lemon juice, mix again, and serve.