The Best Juice Recipes & Smoothies Too
Now that summer has officially started, I figured I would share a list of some of my favorite juice recipes that I have found. Juicing is an excellent way to get the nutrients you need quickly, and for a real refreshing twist you can add some ice and make smoothies.
Everything here – from breakfast-replacing coconut, banana and berry smoothie to an indulgent German chocolate smoothie – is a doctor-recommended healthy treat.
Green Juice Recipe
This is a simple, refreshing green juice you can make that’s so good you’ll want to have one every morning.
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- 1 handful kale leaves
- 1 probiotic capsule
- Place all ingredients except the probiotic capsule in a juicer and juice thoroughly.
- Open the probiotic capsule and empty its contents into the juice, stir well, and enjoy!
Green Tea & Ginger Spritzer
This drink is so thirst-quenching on a hot summer day.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey (you may substitute a bit of the herbal sweetener stevia, if you prefer)
- 6 green tea bags or 6 ounces of green tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle of your favorite unflavored sparkling mineral water
- Combine water, honey or stevia, ginger, and grated lemon peel in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a slow boil. Cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add the green tea bags or tea leaves (inside a tea ball), cover, and allow to steep for another ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove tea bags or tea ball. Add lemon juice and stir. Pour into a container with a lid (preferably glass rather than plastic) and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When tea mixture has cooled, pour about 1/2 cup into a glass of ice. Fill the glass with sparkling mineral water, and enjoy a refreshing, healthy drink!
Carrot, Beet & Cucumber Cocktail
These are three vegetables that I like to combine to improve your liver function. Remember, organic ingredients are always preferable to conventionally grown!
- 1 medium raw carrot (top removed)
- 2 medium raw beets (use the top greens, as well as the whole beet)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 garlic clove, whole and peeled
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the carrot and beets in a juicer or Vitamix.
- Cut off one tip of the cucumber. Push a knife into the open end, twisting a few times to make a small space.
- Place the whole garlic clove in the cucumber.
- Add the cucumber and garlic to the juicer or Vitamix. Blend the vegetables, add sea salt, and enjoy! This cocktail needs to be consumed within 20 to 30 minutes of preparation for the enzymes to be viable.
Coconut, Banana & Berry Smoothie
Start your day with this hearty, good-fat filled smoothie made with coconut and flax seeds. It’s tasty, simple to make, and the combination of healthy fats and protein help to keep you feeling full longer than most breakfasts.
- 1 cup coconut/almond/hemp/rice milk
- 2 scoops protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- ½ banana
- ½ cup organic berries
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix at high speed until combined. Enjoy!
Light and refreshing, yet very healthy.
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons lecithin
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix thoroughly.
Orange Berry Smoothie
Here’s a quick and easy way to start your day. You’ll get a good balance of carbohydrates, nutrients, and protein. Enjoy it with two slices of whole grain toast for a filling, nutritious breakfast.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ orange, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup berries (your choice)
- 1 cup fresh, filtered water (may substitute almond or coconut milk or low-fat milk)
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal or 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (may substitute coconut oil)
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix thoroughly.
Exercise Recovery Strawberry & Banana Smoothie
For increased energy, try fitting in regular workouts and following them up with this nutrient-packed Exercise Recovery Smoothie.
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla whey, rice, or vegetarian protein powder (2 scoops for men)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix thoroughly. Enjoy!
German Chocolate Smoothie
One of my favorite treats.
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds (optional healthy ingredient)
- 2 to 4 ice cubes
- 4 ounces low-fat milk or milk substitute
- 4 ounces water
Put all the ingredients in a blender, mix well, and enjoy!