Broiled Pineapple Rings
Total time: 10 minutes
Eating well can make a big difference in joint pain. Pineapple is loaded with bromelain, a blend of substances with the ability to fight inflammation and ease digestive woes. You can buy bromelain supplements, but these broiled pineapple rings make an excellent low-fat, vitamin C-rich dessert – and vitamin C is one of the many nutrients that supports healthy joints. Fresh pineapple is my first choice, but canned pineapple rings in light syrup work well, too.
- 4 pineapple slices
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup or raw, organic honey
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat broiler
- Melt coconut oil and mix with maple syrup or honey and cinnamon, and spoon on top of pineapple slices.
- Place pineapple slices on broiler pan, about four inches from heat.
- Broil until the topping is bubbly, about five minutes. Serve while warm.