Arugula Salad with Persimmons
Loaded with vitamins A, B complex, C, and K, arugula is a great salad base. Here it’s combined with fiber-rich persimmon for a light but nutritious side dish or mini-meal.
- 1 bunch arugula
- 2 small fuyu persimmons
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (substituting lite salt cuts the sodium content in half)
- Wash arugula thoroughly, and dry.
- Remove the hulls from persimmons; then peel and cut into wedges.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Put the arugula in a salad bowl, and toss with the dressing. Add persimmons and toss again.
- Season with a bit of sea salt (or lite salt) and pepper before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: 156 calories, 11 g fat (0 g saturated), 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein, 0 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 11 g sugar
Note: Nutritional values are estimates only and may vary according to freshness of ingredients, methods of preparation, and other factors.