Herring Super Salad
Here’s a quick, easy, and refreshing salad for a summer day. Herring is one of the fish often listed as a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Simply purchase a jar of either pickled herring or the sour cream version and add to your favorite leafy greens and raw veggies.
- 1 jar pickled herring or herring in sour cream
- 2 cups mixed leafy salad greens per serving
- 1 sliced hard-boiled egg per serving
- Raw sliced cucumbers, radishes, carrots, celery, or other vegetables
- 1/3 cup Newport Natural Salad Dressing
1. Arrange leafy greens, hard-boiled eggs, and veggies on as many salad plates as necessary.
2. Top with 1/2 cup or so of herring fillets per salad.
3. Drizzle with salad dressing. Add sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.