Green Tea and Ginger Spritzer
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey (you may substitute a bit of the herbal sweetener stevia, if you prefer)
- 6 green tea bags or 6 ounces of green tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle of your favorite unflavored sparkling mineral water
- Combine water, honey or stevia, ginger, and grated lemon peel in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a slow boil. Cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add the green tea bags or tea leaves (inside a tea ball), cover, and allow to steep for another ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove tea bags or tea ball. Add lemon juice and stir. Pour into a container with a lid (preferably glass rather than plastic) and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When tea mixture has cooled, pour about 1/2 cup into a glass of ice. Fill the glass with sparkling mineral water, and enjoy a refreshing, healthy drink!