Oven Roasted Squash and Sweet Potatoes
Hold those marshmallows! Simple roasted sweet potatoes mingle with oven-baked squash in a delicately sweet, flavorful dish loaded with nutrients.
- 3 1/2 cups cubed, peeled sweet potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups peeled acorn or butternut squash
- 2 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted organic butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Put sweet potatoes and squash in a shallow roasting pan that has been sprayed with olive oil. Drizzle olive oil on top, sprinkle salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes. Add onion, mix well, and bake for 30 minutes more.
Remove from oven. Switch oven to broil. Drizzle melted butter on squash, sweet potatoes, and onions, then stir thoroughly to coat. Broil until lightly browned.